|Nice blue-purplish sky… THAT hasn’t been SEEN since Saturday|
Living on a boat…
- The thing is a living breathing creature and it always moves. Always. You know what that means? Yes, when you have sex passers by will never know!
- Because it’s always moving, when you’re on real solid concrete land, your body doesn’t believe it, so IT keeps moving. A lot. All the time.
- Space is limited. Very very limited. And the ceiling is low above and around the bed since it’s below the cockpit (hee hee, I said that word) so you may want to wear a hockey helmet in the training process.
- It’s like camping. It’s like CAMPING, only the tent is moving. Waving. Rocking. Lulling.
- The water pressure thingamajig is loud. Don’t think you can get up in the middle of the night to pee and not wake up your partner, ain’t gonna happen. It’s a loud vibration kinda like a jackhammer under the floor.
- There is a constant sound like skin flapping against skin, flap flap flap. Do you really need me to give you examples of what that sounds like?
- Water is meant to be below the boat, not above. Those windows you see? Sadly enough they are not all that well sealed. And although Californians like to brag about their wonderful weather, since we took possession and moved into the boat last Saturday: IT HAS NOT STOPPED RAINING!
- Which brings me to the next point, when there is a flood and landslides: the boat is the best place to be!
- You may want to reduce your drinking. What goes in, must come out. And depending on the size of your holding tank this can be a problem. It can and it will. And it has…
- Best of all, Christmas is a magical time on a boat. A parade of lights on boats is really the most awesome thing I’ve ever seen. Once I get a real connection I just may load it up on YouTube. I can also honestly say (since this post is called “the truth about…”) that I cried like a baby while I was filming the boat parade. It was so cool. And it was raining and since I rushed out excitedly to capture the moment and didn’t grab a raincoat, maybe the tears were from the chills?
Oh, and look at what The Peachy1 did for me for Christmas!!
Thanks… me love you long time!